Wednesday, May 28, 2014

IT WAS TIME TO SPLIT.

Never say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. After YEARS of using a huge array of markers and Prismacolor'd pencils as the medium for my illustration work, the last few days I've put my heart and soul into learning and working with watercolors. Bye-bye markers. You're no longer the star (sorry if I sound cold-hearted). HELLO watercolors!! 

I've found that: 
A. Doing serious research to know what you're doing is a must.
B. The placement of the watercolor color doesn't HAVE to be the end result.
C. Helllllloooo soft pastels and smudge sticks! Yes - that's the trick! 

Paint brush in hand, tiny speakers hooked up to Pandora, playlist selected: Michael Buble, Chris Botti, Billie Holiday, and I'm in my own special creative piece of heaven.  :o)


OUT WITH THE OLD

IN WITH THE NEW!


No comments: